Guest Post by Ceri Grenelle
Author of To Mate A Soldier
Things are a little crazy right now. We’re recovering from the holidays and trying to get our life in order for the New Year. The month after the holidays heavy December doesn’t really give us much of a respite. When I’m pushed to the edge, and in need of some me time, I have certain familiar activities I like to pursue that help center me and to find my bearings. What’s your favorite cleansing and relaxing activity? Here are some of mine:
- Read a familiar book – I tend to go back to Harry Potter, especially book 3. They’re still so young and full of hope and possibilities in that one. The good ol’ days at Hogwarts. Sigh.
- Watch a favorite TV show – Parks and Recreation will always be my go-to “I need to feel happy” show. Leslie Knope is the epitome of optimism and feminism.
- Donate clothes you no longer wear – I’ve recently become obsessed with the idea of a capsule wardrobe. I’ve minimized my closet and donated three massive bags of clothes. It feels like I’ve washed away all unnecessary baggage in my life.
- Treat yourself – I know, we’re probably all still slightly hungover from the holidays, but if you need a big glass of wine at the end of a hard day then go for it! Deprivation is not the way to achieve your goals. It’s the smallest steps that count the most!
- Write things down – Need a minute to gather your thoughts? Take that glass of wine to the table and just make a list of all the good things in your life. Then write a list of all the bad things. Now write how you can use the good things to change the bad things. Nothing is impossible, you just need to keep your head on straight and work for it!
Now go open your favorite book, take a long hot bath and drink a big glass of wine or whatever your drink of choice is. You deserve it. Happy New Year!
To Mate a Soldier (The Lost Alphars Series Book 2)
January 17, 2017
Love can push the most hardened warrior to the edge of control
The Lost Alphars Series, Book 2
Lottie Braddock has let everyone believe she's a widow wasting away from mate sickness. In reality, she struck a devil's bargain to conceal her young son's true identity a protection spell that feeds on her life force.
She plans to take one secret regret to her grave until that regret crashes through her clinic door with one of her children in the throes of a premature shift. Desperate for more time, she sets out to find that devil once again and plead for her life.
Jeremiah Quinn, head soldier of the North American Weres, doesn't take orders from anyone. But damned if he's letting the ailing, fragile Lottie make this journey alone. He's known for years she is his mate, and he's through letting her push him away.
Come hell or high Magic, he refuses to let her go without a fight. For her life. For her love. For the love of her sons. Even if saving her soul means sacrificing his own.
Warning: Contains a healer who's sacrificed all she has for her family and a steadfast soldier who isn't afraid to prove he's been a part of that family all along
I've always had an active imagination. An imagination that usually took form in the way of zoning out in the middle of conversations. I eventually decided it was time to share my daydreaming with the world and began to put my musings on paper. It started with Harry Potter fanfiction and grew from there. I am currently living it up in Northern California after a big move from New York City. And by living it up I mean staying home with my cats, obsessively watching episodes of my favorite TV shows, all of which are extremely geeky, and simultaneously reading the next book on my reading list. I do all this while trying not to pig out on unhealthy snacks. As you can tell, I lead a busy life.
Post a Comment