Friday, February 2, 2018

Mel's Corner/#FlashbackFriday #lovethose80s #onehitwonders #80s



Welcome back to my little corner!

The decade was the 80’s and of the one hit wonders!




Each decade had their one hit wonders but the 80’s was THE decade of the one hit wonders!
In the 80’s we had one hit wonders from big screen and small screen actors like Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy in ‘85, Heartbeat by Don Johnson in ‘86, Respect Yourself by Bruce 
Willis in ‘87, and who can forget Patrick Swayze’s She’s Like the Wind in ‘88 from Dirty Dancing! 







We also had two soap opera stars hit the chart with their one hit wonders 5 years apart Jack Wagner “Frisco Jones” from General Hospital with All I Need in ‘84 and Michael Damian “Danny Romalotti” from Young & the Restless with Rock On in ‘89.





We had one hit wonders that you just see certain words or a certain number and you weren’t just saying them you are singing them. Like Toni Basil Mickey ‘82  Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey,
Hey Mickey. Or 867-5309/Jenny by Tommy Tutone ‘81 (I remember giving guys that as my number many times, how about you?).




We wanted to go to “Funkytown” (Lipps, Inc ‘80) in search of “Electric Avenue” (Eddie Grant ‘82) or “Puttin’ on the Ritz” (Taco ‘83) in  “Key Largo” (Bertie Higgins ‘82) to be “Friends and Lovers” (Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson ‘86) and sit by “St. Elmo’s Fire” (John Parr ‘85) drinking “Black Velvet” (Alannah Myles ‘89).




We could always stay at “Our House” (Madness ‘82) and tell our boyfriends to “Keep Your Hands to Yourself” (Georgia Satellites “86) and telling them “We Don’t Have to Take our Clothes Off” (Jermaine Stewart ‘86), while they said “Come on Eileen” (Dexy’s Midnight Runners ‘82) (even though our name wasn’t that), “I Can’t Wait” (Nu Shooz ‘86) when you turn your “Angel Eyes” (The Jeff Healey Band “89) my way. 



The 80’s had some fantastic one hit wonders below are a few of my favorites:

Tuff Enough  Fabulous Freebirds ‘86
Axel F  Harold Faltermeyer ‘85
Toy Soldiers  Martika ‘89
Steal Away  Robbie Dupree ‘81
Your Love  The Outfield ‘85
At This Moment  Billy Vera ‘81
Tainted Love  Soft Cell ‘82  
Take Me On  A-Ha ‘85
 I Want Candy  Bow Wow Wow ‘82
Missing You  John Waite ‘84
Harden My Heart  Quarterflash ‘81
Maniac  Michael Sembello ‘83
Whip It ‘80
I Just Died In Your Arms Cutting Crew ‘86

There was a few one hit wonders I didn’t like but there was one that played all the time in ‘89, when it did come on I changed the channel, Don’t Worry Be Happy. I guess it just played all the time and people were singing it all the time it got ignoring!

Did you think the 80’s was the decade of one hit wonders. Did you have a favorite one hit wonder, I know I had plenty. 

Well that wraps up another Friday Flashback for me!  Hope you join me again next week when I Flashback to my favorite General Hospital couples of the 80’s.  Remember life is too short you have to be crazy. 

XXX
Mel




No comments:

Post a Comment