Friday, March 17, 2017

Virtual Book Tour: Fixing Sydney by Diane Zparkki





Young Adult Romantic Suspense





Date Published: August 1 2016


Sydney Sommer’s world fell apart after senior prom. Since then, her life had become a constant loop of unfortunate scenarios that kept her in constant fear of what might be lurking around the next corner. Her trust in others was at a standstill. Even those who were closest to her were held at a distance.

After serving active duty overseas, Jaxon Triggs moved away from his hometown, hoping the change in scenery would help him build a new future for himself. What he wasn’t expecting was to fall for a girl who was broken.

From the first moment Jaxon laid eyes on Sydney, he was curious. He became determined to do everything he could to break through the armor Sydney held around her so securely. His instinct to protect her and keep her safe kicked in as the dangers she encountered became more personal.

With dread always looming close by and secrets discovered, would Sydney be able to handle the new changes in her life yet heal at the same time?

Purchase Links


Music in Books

Music has always been an important part of my life. Whether it be country, hip hip, top forty or rock they have all had their place in my life that represented a moment in time. Sometimes the songs brought on sad times of reflection or missing someone who had passed on. The songs also could easily put a happier face on me when I thought of fun memories from my youth of irresponsibility and joy.
The same can be said about movies. I am a movie lover and it’s rare that I dislike a movie. If it makes me laugh or cry I usually like it. However, I may have seen one or two movies in my time that could possibly be the worst movie ever made, but if the sound track was excellent it could change a person’s mind from a worst movie ever to yeah, it was an okay movie but the music was excellent rating.
When I am reading a book and the author mentions a song title, I immediately stop reading and search out that song with lyrics on youtube. I want to try and understand what the writer wanted to express by adding a song to that scene. Once I’ve listened to the song I go back to the book and re-read that scene again with the song in mind. For me, the song adds more emotions and dimension to the words written on the page, it becomes much more vivid. Often times the song usually becomes a favourite and forever becomes associated with that scene in that book for me. To this day Billy Joels song So it Goes is associated with a Kristen Ashley book and “Sail” by Awolnation in Jamie Begley’s books and so many others.
I hope that when my readers read “Fixing Sydney” they listen to the books playlist as they are mentioned and that the songs inspire them as it did for me as I wrote it.





Diane Zparkki——lives in the greater Toronto area. She is a working mom, and with her husband, she has raised three great kids. She is a thrill seeker who usually drags her family along with her.

She was never a big reader or writer in her youth—Coles Notes were her best friend through college. Her enthusiasm for reading came later in life when she joined a book club. She loved those books, but she wanted raw, simple, and happily ever after with a bit of get down and dirty. That was when her love for bad boys on a Harley was set in motion.

After reading so many books, her mind started to create her first story, and she needed to get it out.

Fixing Sydney of the Branson’s Kind of Love trilogy is her first book, and she hopes you enjoy it as much as she has enjoyed having these characters running around in her head.

Contact Information

Website  Facebook  Twitter  Pinterest  Goodreads











1 comment: